Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:20:05 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:29:25 -0700 (PDT), jtpr
wrote:

Well put. When did health care become a "right"? This is what drives
me crazy. It seems that suddenly everbody is entitled to everything
as a right. I actually saw somebody being interviewed (on the street)
that firmly belived they had a "right" to housing. Health care (and
housing) are not rights

They're basic human rights **** head, not what's written into your
constitution. They're moral rights that demand that everyone should be
treated equally, not just because someone has more money or power than
others around him.

Oh, you're talking about implied social contracts in society, aren't
you? Those aren't rights, either. They're societal rules. Our society
hasn't yet set those into stone, and they're not much closer with this
healthcare (I mean "forced health insurance") bill. this isn't a
gov't rounding up doctors and nurses under its wing and taking care of
its people. It's a contract between gov't and the insurance companies
where the gov't forces its people to make the insurance companies
rich. Some might get care, too, occasionally. Look into it more deeply
before climbing way up there on your moral high horse, sir. This is no
white knight saving the poor peasant from the mean robbers. In this
case, the knights are running a Mob protection racket and the little
guy is about to get reamed even worse than he has been.

People like you however, just aren't capable of
that kind of empathy. You're just too greedy and self centred to
realize it.

Remind me what country you're from again, Uppy? Perhaps you just
don't understand our ways here. The only greed and self-centeredness
is in the gov't _itself_. Our CONgress voted itself TWO raises during
our current meltdown and recession. What do you call that?

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.