Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

Han wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4ba725b6$0$15782
:

Some of the major sea changes in my life.

VE Day was big, but VJ Day was bigger since it truly marked the end of
WWII.

My graduation from college, a dream my father had but didn't live to
see.

Enactment of the Civil Rights Act.

The passage of Medicare.

The birth of my children.

The end of the Viet Nam conflict

Today marks the latest major sea change in my life. The little guy won
a big one today with the passage of health care.

I'm sure the law of unattended consequences will apply, but the bus
has left the station, so hang on and enjoy the ride.

Lew

Hear, Hear!

Now comes the real work, getting the amendments to do what the people
really want, whetheer they kknow it or not. Oh wait, there are lobbyists
too. Now there is a job for those who favor using guns defensively.

/sarcasm

Ha! You really think the Senate is going to take up the reconciliation
bill and see it through? That was just smoke and mirrors, they've got the
bill they wanted passed, it's going to get signed and passed into law. The
reconciliation bill may get some lip service, but that's all it's going to
get.

Rob Leatham