Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

On 22 Mar 2010 10:53:17 GMT, the infamous Han
scrawled the following:

As LDosser, I have a comparable story, but far less severe than either of
you. Pains in shoulder radiating down to hand. Turned out that I have
some osteoarthritis in neck vertebrae. Exercise helps, but all the tests
to get there! Including something the name of which I forget, whereby
needles administered electric shocks to find out whether there was
something wrong with the nerves in my arm. My problem was made worse by
my posture sitting at a keyboard almost all day.

Han, I had some temporary pins and needles radiating down the back of
my arm to my wrist and hand. I got a used copy of _Gray's Anatomy_
and discussed my condition with a masseuse. (Massage and chiropractic
are my only medical choices when possible.) I tracked it to poor
posture and tight neck muscles. Look into the TheraCane. I merely
took a rubber cup and put it on the curved section of a wooden cane
and use it to do acupressure on the levator scapulae and infraspinatus
muscles, as well as the trapezius and rhomboid on the right. When
those got tight enough, pain radiated.

5 minutes of self-massage with the cane (and/or a minute or two of
stretching) takes my pain away immediately, whenever it comes back.
And it's all Free! (misdiagnosis free, wasted time free, and drug
free)

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.