Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.machines.cnc

Default DIY surge protection...

westom wrote:

On Mar 21, 4:34 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
I posted links to photos of telco cards with rows of MOVs, yet he
claims they don't exist. He is just a brain dead troll like Cliff, and
The_Mangled_Toad.

That is not what I said. I said those are not MOVs. MOVs have
excessive capacitance. Telcos use a different device that does not
have that excessive capacitance. Please read what was posted. You
got caught lying elsewhere. So everything from you is only an attack.

I posted links to datasheets that said they were MOVs designed for
telecom service, and had some of the boards in my hands to read the part
numbers. Since that doesn't agree with your ignorant jihad, you ignored
them.

Any protection that might work adjacent to electronics is already
inside electronics.

Informed consumers dissipate energy so that surges are not even
inside the building.