Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
P Nick P Nick is offline

Default Lathes sold in Canada - King or Craftex opinions

Hi, I'm a pre-newbie as I haven't yet even turned a thing, but I am
definitely looking to get started. There are a couple of 3/4 to 1 HP lathes
I am thinking about here in Nova Scotia and I am wondering if anyone that
might read this has any experience with these lathes.
One is a King Canada model KWL-1443VS.
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=29&ID=20771

The other is made by Craftex.Model #B2338
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=B2338

Any thoughts? I would like to turn bowls/hollow vessels. Varying sizes, so
I was thinking a bigger model like these would be better than one with a 10"
swing and/or a 17" (or less) center.

Thanks to anybody who replies