D. Martin

Default Advantage of a sliding miter saw?

When I was shopping for a replacement I was convinced that I did not
need a slide model. Well Idid get the 10" sliding model and I do not
regret it at all. I find that it gets used more combined with table
saw it sort of replaces a radial arm saw in most cases. I got the
Bosch and have been buying Bosch ever since.

D.Martin

On 20 Dec 2003 11:37:40 -0800, (Larry Bud)
wrote:

I plan on putting some hardwood floors in my house in the next month
or so, and it's a perfect opportunity to buy a miter saw. I looked at
a Dewalt compound miter saw that seemed pretty good for I believe
$300, but then right next to it, we have a sliding miter saw. What's
the advantage? Why would I need one? Will it just cut a wider board?