Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default A littel help, please . . .

"Pete C." wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

Upon boot-up the message, "Error - Program version is wrong. Please install again." This in my win
XP desktop. A casual search seems to say, somehow, that Windows Installer is missing. The
suggestion: StartRun register with "msiexec/unregister" and reregister with "msiexec/regserver".
Each/either leads to the message: "Windows cannot find msiexec/******. This began happening
following attempted upgrade to 2010 DVD of mapping software. Suggestions ??

Bob Swinney

Restore from backups.

Doesn't XP have the facility to roll back the system at various points? I'm still using
W2K pro and seldom use my XP pro laptop enough to get to know XP.

Wes