Posted to uk.d-i-y
Unbeliever[_2_] Unbeliever[_2_] is offline

Default TOT; Smoking Kangoo

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Sorry to post this here, tried uk.rec.cars.maintenance but not much
in the way of replies.

I have an 03 reg diesel Kangoo van, 57,000 mile on the clock. On the
door panel its described as 1.7DCi, the plastic cowling over the
engine reads 1.5 DCi and the logbook reads 1465cc.

Passed MOT in January which included an emissions test, but now its
started smoking. No change in performance, no starting problems, no
sign of overheating. The smoke is greyish.

How much it smokes varies. It clears when the engine oil level is
low, when topped up it starts again.

Mileage is only around 8,000 pa most of which is stop start traffic,
rarely gets a decent run.

Tried Wynns Smoke treatment in the oil & a Redex product in the fuel,
they don't seem to make much difference. Stopped using Morrissons
diesel & switched to Esso.

Any ideas on what this could be? Someone suggested a blocked oil way
or something - sorry my knowledge of engines, especially diesels is
almost zero.

What's the matter TMH, don't you believe what you have been told on
uk.rec.cars.maintenance?

Especially as you have been given some good advice by "Mrcheerful" and
others there - but I suppose you'll always be that drama queen playing to
any audience you can!

Now let that old Kangoo FOAD and give it some peace.