Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

On 3/22/2010 10:07 AM, Dave In Texas wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Nobody is told "you must buy car insurance". They are told that _if_
you have a car and _if_ you want to register it to be operated on
public roads, _then_ you are required to have liability insurance.

If you don't have a car or don't operate it on public roads then you
are not required to have car insurance.

So, if your major organs don't function then you won't be required to
have health insurance.

And you have some kind of point here?

My grandfather who died in 1973 at the age of 90 was the only person
I've ever known who never owned or drove a motor vehicle of any kind.

Well if car insurance was handled like this law handles medical
insurance then he'd still have had to buy car insurance.

The fact that your circle of friends all own cars doesn't mean squat.
If you lived in Manhattan instead of Houston you would have had a
different experience. Or parts of Pennsylvania or Ohio. And none of
them were told by the government "buy a car or we'll fine you the price
of a car".