Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

J. Clarke wrote:
On 3/22/2010 6:55 AM, Han wrote:
"J. wrote in
:

snip

Sorry you feel that way. See my corollary with car insurance.

I do not see your "corollary with car insurance" anywhere, however
people keep trotting this out and it is crap.

Nobody is told "you must buy car insurance". They are told that _if_
you have a car and _if_ you want to register it to be operated on public
roads, _then_ you are required to have liability insurance.

If you don't have a car or don't operate it on public roads then you are
not required to have car insurance.

....and it isn't the federal government that requires it anyway, it's the
individual states as it should be according to the tenth amendment of
the US constitution.