Edwin Pawlowski

Default Advantage of a sliding miter saw?

"Howard" wrote in message
news
(Larry Bud) wrote:

a Dewalt compound miter saw that seemed pretty good for I believe
$300, but then right next to it, we have a sliding miter saw. What's

I'm thinking about getting this one for $144:
http://www.suzyqshop.com/product.asp?0=51&1=52&3=3187
--
Howard

Personally, I won't buy a cheap no-name tool. Some private brands are very
good, but in this case, who knows? If you are going to use it to frame out
a shed, it is probably a good deal. If you are going to build nice
projects, furniture, etc, it is risky at best.

I have the DeWalt 12" that I bought for a flooring job. I could not justify
the extra cost of the slider, but this is a very accurate saw and the stock
blade give a good cut. Got mine at HD, but I saw it for $10 less at Coastal
Tools today.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome