Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Should I clean car battery terminals? and if so how?

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 00:00:28 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

That is a good first step, if you have baking soda around, and reduces
the chances of trashing your favorite shirt.

BTW, I keep an open box of baking soda in the fridge, to reduce odors,
but the fridge had a label that it had a special finish that woudln't
retain odors. I don't know if is special or not. It's a whirlpool
fridge. Nonetheless, I keep it there. For one reason or another, I
don't smell odors.

I've been using the same box for 27 years and the only time the
amount in the box decreases is when I clean the battery, which has
only been about 10 or 15 times in the last 27 years.

Some people use baking soda for baking.