Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Any ever build a octagon picnic table - child size

"Larry C" wrote in message
Hello,

I have been asked to build a picnic table for the local school. It will
go in the Pre-K and K play lot. I was thinking of building an octagon one
but I can't find a plan that does not have open benches. I would like to
have benches closed so that the kids will not fall off and you can squeeze
more kids onto the table.

I found a plan that has closed benches but I am a little nervous about
shrinking the plan down to little child size. I also found a child size
plan that has open benches which I think I can just extend the benches to
become closed.

Here is a link that has a children's plan with open benches
http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com.../Picnic_Tables

Here is an adult size with closed benches
http://www.buildeazy.com/hex_table.html

Any one ever do something like this? Thoughts?
TIA

Larry C

My first thought is if you're going to build anything for kids, whether
you're getting paid or not, have your insurance in order.