Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

Mark & Juanita wrote in
m:

The patriot act isn't even close to the same sort of thing -- only
those
engaging in communication between known terrorist states and the US
have any sort of concern with the Patriot act --i.e, this act wasn't
set up to monitor your calls to Grandma in Illinois, but to facilitate
the ability to catch Jihad Janet contacting AQ in Yemen before a
building in Manhattan went up in smoke.

However, it was quite likely that the PA was going to be used to find out
a little more about some common Joe. Or didn't you hear about things
like well-known senators being pulled off planes because their name had
come up on some list? I am furiously in favor of terrorists or candiate
terrorists being watched, but we do NOT NEED another McCarthy era.

This being pushed through now
is designed to affect and impact the life of every man, woman, and
child in this country, making them dependent upon the government for
their health care.

Fallacy, private health care is what is being regulated. Including a
program by which the government will force insurance companies to accept
people who want insurance. Sort of like the assigned risk pool for car
insurance. Are you against people having compulsory car insurance too?

World of difference between defending the republic from enemies
foreign and domestic vs. setting up an unconstitutional power grab.

If this is unconstitutional, the SCOTUS will eventually issue an opinion.
That is guaranteed.

--
Best regards
Han