Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

Robatoy wrote:

On Mar 21, 11:32Â*am, Han wrote:
Robatoy wrote
:

On Mar 21, 12:52Â*am, Mark & Juanita wrote:
[snipped the usual]

. Â*You are free to feel that way, but if
you do, go find a country that is governed that way and live there,
don't try to force that enslavement on the rest of us.

How about a country with a Patriot Act?

I feel fine living in this country with a sort of democratic
representative republic. Â*(See other posts of mine referencing Radburn).
What I object to is the rabid reelection fever and crazed Pavlovian
reactions to lobbyists.

And that all has nothing to do with the Patriot Act, Robatoy. Â*I despise
some of the provisions there. Â*Remember, in Holland you now have to carry
ID all the time since the EU reguulation of that aspect became effective,
and in the US you better have ID with you too. Â*What about Kanuckistan,
Robatoy?

I raised the Patriot Act as an obvious example of a republican double
standard when they describe health reform as a loss of freedom. From
where I am sitting, either party is nothing but a collective of power
hungry scumbags driven by the lobbyists/special interest groups. And
no matter who the president is, he's influenced by way too many
rasputins like Dick Cheney or Rahm Emanuel. That Emanuel is one shady
sunnuvabitch.

The patriot act isn't even close to the same sort of thing -- only those
engaging in communication between known terrorist states and the US have any
sort of concern with the Patriot act --i.e, this act wasn't set up to
monitor your calls to Grandma in Illinois, but to facilitate the ability to
catch Jihad Janet contacting AQ in Yemen before a building in Manhattan went
up in smoke. This being pushed through now is designed to affect and impact
the life of every man, woman, and child in this country, making them
dependent upon the government for their health care.

World of difference between defending the republic from enemies foreign
and domestic vs. setting up an unconstitutional power grab.

.... snip

Rob Leatham