Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

Han wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote in
m:

.... snip

I don't think you will ever get it, Mark & Juanita. You are now paying
for their healthcare at emergency room rates. Get them a living wage
job, and have them pay for their own health care.

Your idea that this bill is forcing people to do anything is absurd.
They'll get the choice of insurance and even no insurance. But since
someone needs to pay for emergency care, even if they don't, fine them if
they don't get some coverage. That is choice. And yes, I do believe
that people should pay taxes, and this is indeed another tax of sorts. I
would like individual responsibility, but "they" should not have to pay
triply inflated proces just because they don't work for Harvard
University or GM.

I don't think you are ever going to get this until it smacks you between
the eyes in the future Han. If the only thing this bill did was provide
means to prevent having indigent care performed through emergency rooms, the
bill wouldn't need over 3000 pages (and that's not all of the bill, much of
that 3000 pages is references to other federal laws that are amended,
modified, or superseded by this abomination. There are elements of this
bill that set up "health care effectiveness panels" -- in real people terms,
these are panels that are going to decide, by bureaucratic fiat what
constitutes cost-effective treatment and who gets that treatment. It
contains language that dictates many elements of our lives having nothing
directly to do with healthcare. As the costs mount (as they are going to
do, it is ludicrous to think that a system for which taxes start now and
benefits start 4 years later is going to result in next cost reductions
after that first 10 years), those panels are also going decide how to ration
that care and who the privileged classes will be that get the best care as
well as dictating lifestyles based upon whatever the current health fad is
to "keep people healthy for the good of the system". Given the current
rhetoric, it's those nearing retirement age who are going to be considered
expendable when the cost crunches come.

Rob Leatham