Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_2_] Tegger[_2_] is offline

Default 240V overhead line NOT

willshak wrote in news:jf-
:

Metspitzer wrote the following:
I was watching Spike channels's 1000 ways to die.
Some kid hit an overhead line with a sword.
Spike said 240V killed him.
If you hit an overhead line with a sword, the voltage would be 120V

I know it is just TV. Just saying.

So, no one has ever been electrocuted by working on their own household
electricity?

As in electrocuted to death in the absence of an underlying health
condition? Having myself received 120V a few times, I'd be interested in
that, too.

120V feels like the world's biggest, wriggliest worm crawling through you
at about 500 miles per hour. But I'm not dead. I think.

We just got a new electric forklift at work. The guy who installed it said
he'd been shocked once while doing a similar installation, working on a
600V panel. He didn't specifically say, but I'm guessing he took one leg of
the power (200V+?). He said he could not at first let go of the screwdriver
he was using in the panel; his hand muscles clamped down hard on the
screwdriver handle, and it took considerable effort to un-clamp them. The
next day his shoulder felt like it had sand in it when he rotated it, but
that eventually went away.

--
Tegger