Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:52:09 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

... granting for the moment, the 30 Million people uninsured number
(it's
not correct as it includes illegals and those who, by choice, are
uninsured),

Wrong! See:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/sev...t-health-care/

how on earth does finding insurance for less than 10% of the
US population justify nationalizing 1/6 of the economy,

Nationalizing? Last time I looked, the "public option" was dead.

destroying a
system with which most people are satisfied,

Oh, yeah? The polls show 40 some percent for, 40 some percent against
the total bill. When the individual parts are polled, support is well in
the majority.

and setting us on a road to
inferior, rationed, health care as the program spending spirals out of
control?

Rationed? See the above reference. Spiraling spending? According to
the non-partisan CBO, the bill will save money.

Why does it take a 3000 page bill to insure 30 million people?
This bill is not about health care, it is about complete, absolute
control over peoples' lives.

Watch out for those black helicopters!

And speaking of that "public option", the US is the *only* industrialized
country where people can go broke paying medical bills. Every other such
country provides some sort of health care guarantees, whether private,
public, or a mix. But you, and folks like you, keep repeating "Everyone
is out of step but me."

If you'd care to see how those countries, and even some of the
"developing" countries handle health care, look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_health_care

But I doubt you care, you'd rather just keep on blathering falsehoods and
exaggerations.