Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Duplicate Census Forms

Oren wrote:
Any one else get multiple forms mailed to your home?

I received two advanced notices on the same day that the form was
coming in the mail. Okay, I figure a waist of postage.

Then I get two exact forms in the mail. The same exact forms, not a
short one and a long one. Different bar codes on each envelope.

I spoke to the postal delivery person and she said that she asked the
same question at her office. Clues, beside the obvious?

Could be since there are duplicate bar codes it's the QA form mailed at
the same time that should have been mailed later. If that's it, it's a
statistical sampling designed to check consistency of responses over a
small subsample.

Alternatively, if you're really interested, you could try the hotline...

If you have questions about the questionnaire, call the Telephone
Questionnaire Assistance center at one of the numbers listed below. The
phone lines will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (your local time) seven
days a week from February 25, 2010 through July 30, 2010.

* English 1-866-872-6868

or go to www.2010census.gov and see if their's a FAQ that answers the
specific question...