Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Duplicate Census Forms

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:14:42 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Anyone know what's legally permitted to ask? I remember from
school that the goal is to count the people, so they can
move the congressional districts around and properly
represent the people. Other than the number of people living
at the residence, what other informatiin is legally
required?

there are only 10 questions this year. There is no long form. I
probably have the form in my mail downstairs, but I haven't looked at
Friday's mail yet.

There is an ongoing survey, the name of which I forget, that ask loads
of questions, that goes to 1 or 2 percent of homes, something like
that, which they use for lots of worthwhile reasons like planning for
future needed govt. services. There isn't much that is not permitted
to ask. You don't have to answer any but the 10 questions on the
actual census form, I think.