Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default OT - work shoes

On 03/20/2010 09:23 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2010-03-21, Stormin wrote:

Where does a man buy comfortable shoes that last a couple
years, and good for working men who climb ladders, work on
cars, and that kind of thing?

Red Wing Shoes is a good choice. I had a pair of dress RW
Wellington's I wore almost daily for 20 yrs. I only quit buying RW
cuz they quit making the styles/sizes I wanted. They specialize in
working man shoes, construction, factory, outdoors, etc.

You spend 1/3 of your life on your feet, 1/3 sleeping. Never go cheap
on mattresses or shoes. Walmart used to carry some good USA made
socks (discontinued, last I heard), but their shoes are so bad they
can cripple you. I wouldn't wear a pair of WM shoes at gunpoint!
What are your feet worth?

nb

Yup, I wear my Red Wings every day, company kicks in for part of a new
pair every year and I didn't even bother to get a new pair last year,
I'm still wearing the ones from two years ago.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel