Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default IR is insane (from sed)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:32:09 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:27:19 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 06:05:08 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:00:08 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:38:45 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

Excellent proper use of a ferrite bead on one leg of each device.

---
Sorry, but those are ring-tongue terminals soldered around the emitters
of the transistors.

JF

Yeah, I saw that. It looked so similar to an amplifier I made some
years back, that with just a glance I thought I saw the same thing.
We had transzorbs on each device as well. Oh well... so much for quick
glances.

Does that mean I'm *not* blind as a bat?

John

No, but if you think that "rackmount" "solution" you have where the
transformer weighs a bus load is a good design, you're nuts. It either
MUST be used as the bottom element in the rack. It should actually be
two rackmount modules, considering the fact that it is obvious that lead
length doesn't bother you. We had an amplifier module that had two 2kVA
units in the bottom of it. It was on wheels, and would never have been
considered as a rack mount capable installation, and those transformers
together weighed less than the monster you sport.