Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Still more on Prius runaway

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:28:47 -0400, wrote:

One of the things that convinces me is the way they say flatly, There
are no electronic problems. Not, We have found no electronic
problems. (but we're still looking)

That is EXACTLY what Toyota has been saying. They have found no
evidence of electronic problems but are continuing to investigate the
alleged problems. They have said they are unable to rule out anything
100% at this time, but have seen NO EVIDENCE that there is an
electronic problem involved to this point.

At least that's what Toyota Canada has been saying.

At the US Congressional committee hearing, that I watched or listened
to because nothing else was on, I think the guy from Japan, maybe
Toyoda himself**, said flatly "There are no..."

**There are often more than one person sitting at the witness table.
If I listened on the radio I also saw a short bit on the news, but
hours later.

I was also turned off because Toyoda was testifying about their being
no electronic problems, and unless he is a techie who hangs out in the
lab, he's just repeating what someone else said, maybe 3rd or 4th hand
even. I was disappointed that afaik no Congressman tried to make that
point, maybe becaue none thought of it.

They can't fix anything that they cannot find.
This says to me that a) they don't understand the nature of testing
and finding, b) the statement is made more to reassure than to report
what is known, c) they are bluffing, and may have done even less
testing than one would think.

I'm pretty sure this will turn out to be an electronics or programming
problem. No one has said anytyhing afaik about revieweing the
computer code. They should have someone who's never seen it before go
over it, line by line.