Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default What's it do?

--Have been working on my mill and following instructions from the
repair guy who's too far away to make a house call. I found this page:
http://home.comcast.net/~tom.jelly/j.../j%20head%20re
build.htm
..and it's been a great help. Now in the second photo the guy's
holding a dumbbell-shaped part called the pivot. In my mill this part had
broken in the middle and lemmetellya getting the innermost piece out was a
real adventure. Anyway I can't figure out what the thing does and I'm wondering
what won't work if I just reassemble and leave the pivot out.
Explanations appreciated! :-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...