Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Still more on Prius runaway

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:29:55 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:19:01 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:35:03 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:29:10 -0400, "h"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:42:11 -0400, "h"
wrote:

wrote in message
news:0127q5dj04dthk0nsq1g3nf1e07kt9msq5@4ax. com...
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:15:05 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

Even the construction of your 'box' shows it wasn't. Clearly covered
with the same stuff as the baloon and thus too flimsy to hold
_anything_ heavier than a few pounds and that would ahve to be spread
out.

Harry K

Oh, damn! Looks like you are COMPLETELY WRONG!

http://fwnextweb1.fortwayne.com/ns/e...10/balloon.jpg

He can't spell "baloon", so why would he know anything about how they're
made?

I don't generally worry about typo's on usenet.

Shrug. If you make the same typo 50 times, it's not a "typo". And the plural
of "typo" is "typos", not "typo's", which is the possessive. Yes, as a
matter of fact I did used to teach English.

I didn't count how many times anybody used baloon where you or I might
use balloon. It's not a way to win an argument in usenet, where few
bother with spellcheck, most posts are casual conversation, and many
participants do not speak English as their first language.

Typo's is short for "Typographical Errors" - the apostrophe is
correct, and does not make it possessive.

Mabee in your private world.

Okay, dopey. If it doesn't stand for "Typographical Errors", then what
does it stand for?

I shouldn't get involved since I don't remember which of you I usually
agree with and which I usually fight with, but typo does stand for
typographical error. And typo has become a word of its own, and typos
is the plural of typo. Not a contraction.

Even if typo is jargon, it still has a regularly formed plural.

For example, someone might call a Stradavarius violin a Strad. The
plural is Strads.

I don't know if this line from Kurt's sig was just a sig or meant to
be an example: I get off on '57 Chevys. Another example.

Or maybe homer, which stands for home run. It's plural is homers.