Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT - When I get home tonight ...

On 3/20/2010 7:50 AM, Han wrote:
Mark& wrote in news:rOCdnfBjI7-
:

To use this kind of trick to attempt to take over 1/6 of the US economy
is nothing short of stalinist and dictatorial.

You and I are paying for the indigent medical care now already. Better to
get some rules that will prevent personal bankruptcy and/or death and
exhibit some compassion for the less fortunate than this idea of everyone
for themselves AND let the other guy rot.

There ought to be a better way than democracy ...

There is, All you have to do is mumble the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to
yourself ... it's called a republic, set up specifically to keep the
tyranny of the majority in check, but continually besieged since
creation by those wanting to impose a social democracy.

I respect your position, Han, but I will say this. My forefathers came
here in 1780 _specifically_ to escape the tyranny of a European style
government.

Those who want to dismantle this system, which has protected European
style democracies at great cost in the past, are still free to return to
where they feel more comfortable.

This is in NO way personal, strictly an observation on my part.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08