Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Whitworth[_3_] John Whitworth[_3_] is offline

Default Cable Telephone

"Zen83237" wrote in message

"John Whitworth" wrote in message

"Zen83237" wrote in message
Not a diy question but I am sure that I can get an answer here.
If I am going to cable telephone installed what route does the cable
take from the street into the existing telephone system in the house. Is
it the shortest route underground to the front of the house then around
the outside wall into the existing land line cable into the master box
or is some other route possible. My front garden is currently excavated
pending a block paving drive being fitted.
The ground is covered with hardcore and the MOT layer. Can they bring
the cable in by excavating the MOT diagonally across the front garden
then bring the cable under the floor of the porch then go into the
existing cable into the master box.
That would avoid clipping cable to the outside wall of the house but
would the cable company do anything else.

A Zen leaver? A rare sight indeed! ;-)

JW

No I am ****ed off with BT, to bloody long arguements with them this week.

Yes, the BT link I can understand. They are the fly in the Zen ointment! :-(

JW