Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve[_53_] Steve[_53_] is offline

Default Help with Leak on MAAX whirlpool tub

"axle" wrote in message
I have a Maax whirlpool tub. It is new, but no warranty, so I'm
trying to fix it myself. When I fill the tub, the union on top of the
pump leaks. This connection is hand tightened. I have removed the O-
ring several times and replaced it. I have added vaseline to the O-
ring. I have loosened the pump from it's mounts to ensure the piping
can be made up square. Nothing works. It leaks every time. The O-
ring seems fine. The mating surface seems fine. Everything seems to
go together as it should.

Does anyone have any idea as to what else I can try? I'm getting
desparate. I'm thinking of trying to find a thicker o-ring. Or
perhaps putting some gasket material from the automotive industry on
the mating surface where the o-ring makes up.

There is another union on the suction side of the pump, and I have no
problems with it. I can't see any difference between the two
unions.

Help please!

Chris

Don't feel bad, a leak in the tub isn't bad. Just wait till someone ****es