Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Still more on Prius runaway

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:15:05 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Mar 19, 3:43*am, mm wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:25:29 -0400, wrote:

The cops slashed the balloon because the wind was catching it and they
wanted to make sure it stayed right where it was.

Oh, yeah. *That was why. * The balloon wasn't empty, it still had
helium, almost enough to fly since until a littel while earlier it was
flying, so letting out the helium kept the wind from taking it away.- Hide quoted text -

Try again. STandard instrumentation on such baloons is suspended
_below_ it, not _in_ it.

That's what I'm saying.

I listened to the entire thing and the 'box discussion was proven
invalid. IIANM it was even mentioned in summaries at the end of the
'action"

It is amazing how people can get two different 'facts' from the same
show, one wrong, one right and I am on the right side.

That's true, it is amazing. (Please change I to you. )

I agree with you that spelling errors don't mean anything, except
maybe in some rare cases, like if someone deduces a word's meaning
from its spelling, and relies on that in an argument. But not in this
thread.

Even the construction of your 'box' shows it wasn't. Clearly covered
with the same stuff as the baloon and thus too flimsy to hold
_anything_ heavier than a few pounds and that would ahve to be spread
out.

Harry K