Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Still more on Prius runaway

On Mar 19, 3:27*pm, willshak wrote:
wrote the following:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:53:16 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote

The CHP has a VERY large staff that even includes a lot of car
mechanics, in addition to scientists from many disiplines. They have
labrotories and millions of dollars of equipment. They have access to
huge databases and other organizations with addtional expertise that
you can't access. They have a budget for paying for tests and outside
help when needed. My guess is that their car mechanics have a lot more
education and experience than you.

You can't hold a candle to them.

We've not seen the final report yet either. *It may take a while for the
true story to come out. *We may see some ail time here. *I wonder if Judge
Ito will hear the case.

I completely agree that we haven't seen the final report. Could easily
be a year from now, and the verdict may surprise ALL of us.

Anyone who thinks they have the answer NOW is full of baloney.

Yep, there is no true answer now, and maybe never can be. A lot of
things happen once, that cannot be repeated.
The only thing that could cast doubt on his story is his past history,
but that's not proof that he is lying now.

--

Only his past history can cast doubt? Good grief. The guy was told
by the 911 operator repeatedly to shift the car into neutral and/or
turn it off. He refused to do so. He claimed he could not stop or
slow the car, yet when the patrol car catches up with him after 20+
miles, the cop tells him to fully apply the brakes. The car slows to
50MPH and then the cop tells him to shut off the engine. He does and
the car stops. He claimed he reached down and tried to pull the gas
pedal back up but it wouldn't budge. He also said the reason he
didn't shut off the car was he didn't want to take his hands off the
wheel, so how the hell did he do a head stand to get at the pedal?
Forbes magazine tried to reach the gas pedal, and even with the seat
all the way forward, they could barely touch the pedal when it was not
depressed, let alone grab a depressed pedal and pull on it. Try it
in your car and tell me why in the hell you'd try that at 94mph,
instead of putting the car in neutral.

It's about 99.99% certain this guy is a lying skunk just on the facts
of the incident. His past just adds icing to the cake.

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -