Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default SketchUp Models of Chinese Joinery

Unlike "mission"/ AC/ Greene & Greene/Stickley furniture, the joinery in
Chinese furniture is often more complicate and always hidden out of
site. I inherited a
bunch of Chinese rosewood furniture and have been guessing about the
joinery
based on what can be seen - from the inside and underside of pieces. A
dining
chair has it's rear leg/apron/frame and panel chair seat frame corner
opening
up and I have been able to confirm that my guess for this joint was
right.

Have done a SketchUp model of that joint you can download and play with
(SU
is free from Google) and Chris Scholz has contributed a model of another
version
of this joint in a table. Have a look.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/J...modelsTOC.html

If you've got a SU model or two of interesting joinery and would like to
share
it with others but don't have a web site - e-mail it and I'll add it.

charlie b