Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable Telephone

Zen83237 laid this down on his screen :
Not a diy question but I am sure that I can get an answer here.
If I am going to cable telephone installed what route does the cable take
from the street into the existing telephone system in the house. Is it the
shortest route underground to the front of the house then around the outside
wall into the existing land line cable into the master box or is some other
route possible. My front garden is currently excavated pending a block paving
drive being fitted.
The ground is covered with hardcore and the MOT layer. Can they bring the
cable in by excavating the MOT diagonally across the front garden then bring
the cable under the floor of the porch then go into the existing cable into
the master box.
That would avoid clipping cable to the outside wall of the house but would
the cable company do anything else.

Kevin

Just scrounge a bit of their green ducting and lay it in the ground
where you, want it to run. Just make sure the route is not too
tortuous and include some sort of draw wire inside, so they can use it
to pull their cable through the duct.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)