Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian L Johnson Brian L Johnson is offline

Default Cable Telephone

Kevin wrote:

Not a diy question but I am sure that I can get an answer here.
If I am going to cable telephone installed what route does the cable take
from the street into the existing telephone system in the house. Is it
the shortest route underground to the front of the house then around the
outside wall into the existing land line cable into the master box or is
some other route possible.

I've just had mine done and the chaps were quite happy to discuss all
sorts of options. They bury the cable in a green 1" tube and, in my case,
after burying it in the garden, they cut out a trench across a concrete
path (albeit along an existing join) and filled it in with quick-setting
mortar.

That said, they DO like to pin it to the wall wherever they can; it's much
quicker for them!

--
brianlj