Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Fridge won't fit, need to cut back countertop

Just bought a new fridge that I measured twice in the store to make
sure it would fit the fridge alcove. I guess I should have measured
three times because when I got it to the house, I found it wouldn't
fit due to the width.

On the left of the fridge is a wall. Can't do much about that. On
the right is a laminate countertop. I estimate I need to shave off
about 1/4" from the countertop to make the fridge fit comfortably. I'm
just unsure the best way to do this.

I've read one source that says a belt sander with some 60 grit paper
will work well, but I think this might be tough to keep a straight
edge with. I've also read that a router will work. I've also thought
I could try to remove the countertop entirely and take it to someone
with a bandsaw so the edge will stay straight.

Thoughts?