Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default How big are surveyor pegs

On 3/19/2010 5:06 AM, mm wrote:
How big are surveyor pegs?

I've made arrangement to borrow a metal detector in the hope of
finding one or more surveyor pegs. I'm at the corner of the
development, so the original property was surveyed and perhaps pegged
at my corner, and the previous owner of my house had his own survey,
which might have resulted in pegs.

So it occurs to me, if and when I find the peg, how do other people
know I haven't moved it? My neighbor is suspicious enough to think I
might do that.

If that is the case you are wasting your time.

How long is it? Regardless, surely it can be removed with hand tools.
And replaced 6 inches away. Hey! How do I know he didn't do that
already?

You bring the surveyor back and have them confirm that the pins are
correct.

There has already been one survey here. I don't want to pay for a
second.

If the neighbor doesn't trust you what do you hope to prove by declaring
"see, there's the corner pin"?