Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need help with a small project.

In article
,
Ronald wrote:
I'm trying to use a transistor as a switch. Catch is I am using a
premade device that has a flashing led that blinks as it operates. I
want to use the source of the flashing led to trigger a transisor to
drive a 6 volt 555 lamp. I need a refresher... my mind can't remember
back when I did this stuff in college. anyone have any solutions I'd
appricate it.

Depends on what makes the LED flash. Some LEDs have the flashing
electronics built in so have a continuous DC supply. If it's a plain LED
and all you can access is the intermittent signal to that, use a second
transistor to charge a cap and use your main switching transistor fed from
that cap.

--
*Born free - taxed to death *

Dave Plowman London SW