Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default my latest power supply

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:12:43 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I realize this, but simply stretching the wire as John suggested is
not going to put it under the same stress as being pulled through die
after die to reduce the diameter.

It most certainly will. I will say it again, for all of you complete
idiots. Copper WORK HARDENS. That means that ANY flexure that occurs
with anything more than ultra-slow speed causes crystallization of the
lattice at the flex point, and re-flexure causes micro-structure cracks
at said points.

So, Johhny boy's straightening method is lame, AND it DOES work harden
the copper at ALL stretch locations, which will NEVER be even throughout
the length of the wire.