Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Big payout in table saw suit!

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:39:43 +0000 (UTC), (Edward
A. Falk) wrote:

While I'm sure all the folks at SawStop are popping the Champagne corks
as we speak, I really, really, really hope this gets overturned on appeal.

I have a 10" table saw. I know full well what it could do to me if I
**** up. I willingly take that risk every time I use it. If I lose
any body parts to it, assuming that something didn't go wrong due to
defective design, then I would have nobody to blame but myself.

This decision, if it's allowed to stand, hurts all of us.

I agree. The injured party had the opportunity to buy the SawStop,
but didn't. He had the opportunity to choose to use the Ryobi, or
not.

It all comes down to TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

As an aside, I'm currently suing Major League Baseball. I've always
wanted to pitch for the Dodgers, but I'm not very good and my arm is
worn out. I petitioned them to let me pitch from, like, 30 feet away
instead of the 60'6" in the rule book. They said "No". I think I've
got a case.

-Zz