Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default New Laptop - which flavour of Windows? (and other issues)

8

Christ how on earth do you manage to make it crash every day?

The LONGEST I have had windows running is about 2 days. My Linux is
dictated generally by the time between kernel upgrades, or a power cut,
whichever is the sooner. That's the only time it ever gets rebooted.
Unless I mess up its config and screw it beyond immediate redemption.

And it has never messed up so bad it needed reinstallation, except with
definite terminal hardware problems.

Rssntalling windows is a two monthly exercise for most of my friends who
use it as a desktop.

What does that tell you about them?
My windows runs for weeks if I let it.
It never crashes.
It runs stuff that you just can't get on linux not even an equivalent.
I installed last year and I don't expect to do so again until I buy a bigger
disk, then I may just clone it.
I guess some people just never learn how to use a computer.