Posted to alt.home.repair
camryguy camryguy is offline

Default shrink wrap storm windows?

Ughh, yes, I have used the blasted stuff and hated it. It took more
fuss to just put the stupid stuff on then what its worth. I found with
it, that over a few months, on windows above heaters, the double sided
tape would dry out and lose effectiveness, hence allowing the plastic
wrap to fall or become useless. And kids seemed to enjoy poking holes
into it or playing with it until it rips. Honestly, if I were you, I
would either replace the windows or go to a building recycler as
stated above. 9/10 times they will have an aluminum window that will
cover beautifully already there. If not, they are really easy to take
apart and customize for your application. Good Luck, hope this helps.