Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Fertilizer

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:27:26 -0500, wrote:

LSMFT wrote:
I see they now have 12-0-12. Evidently the middle number was phosphorus.
This is supposed to be water friendly. All of a sudden our lawns don't
need phosphorus now? Or do they?
What about lime. I don't see anybody lime their lawns any more. Is that
out of fashion?

All fertilizer may be a total waste unless you have a set of soil
samples telling you what the ground lacks (if anything). Lime, unless
your solid is excessively acidic, falls in the same category.

Obvious bull****. The act of sampling the soil does not make it deficient.

It's easy to tell fertilized grass from unfertilized grass. Try missing a
stripe. You'll see where you missed the next day. Want to **** someone off?
Write in their lawn with fertilizer.

I agree. All soil becomes deficient and acidic after a time. You can
tell weak, slow growing and faded green grass from freshly fertilized.
I was just wondering what the phosphorous does or doesn't. I know too
much can run off into streams and make algae but.....a little must be
needed. Why else was it used in the first place?

--
LSMFT

Drive slower than the posted speed.............................
And you too can become a fracking prick..............