Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chemistry
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Poison Oak: How to get the black lines off your clothes

Glenda Copeland wrote:
Do you know a good remedy to get the poison oak black lines off jeans?

Every time I walk through the brush, I get poison oak resin on my
clothes. That's not a big deal as I'm not allergic to urushiol but my
clothes, when they come out of the wash, have black slashes all over
them.

It's as if someone hacked at my jeans with a black marker, it's so
bad.

Tired of ruining jeans, I wonder: Do you know of a good way to
prevent or get rid of poison oak / poison ivy black lines (which
don't show up until AFTER the wash cycle)?

Try rubbing waterless hand cleaner (Goop?) into the stains. Let it soak
overnight. Then wash them by themselves, and again to get rid of the smell. This
gets out black grease stains for me, so maybe it'll work on those oils.