Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Willing to Pay for Proper Korg DW-8000 Analog Synthesizer Repair Diagnostic

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:25:23 -0700 (PDT), evilaltima
wrote:

Thanks for your time and suggestion Peter. It seemed such a simple
and elegant solution that could be easily overlooked that I was
excited to try it out. However, the only reset procedure in the
service manual I could find is the one to clear the memory for the
patches, which I had done a number of times while reloading SysEx
data. I tried it again for good measure (a couple of times even) and
still nothing but a scratchy slider sound is produced when keys are
pressed and the volume slider is moved.

It seems far fetched, but I suppose something could have happened to
the volume slider during my battery replacement. I've tried already
tried deoxit, but perhaps there a simple way I can bypass the volume
slider completely to test it other than replace it? IE, Can I insert
something into the circuit that sets the resistance open at full
volume? Again, please forgive my electronics naivete if that sounds
ignorant or uninformed, I'm an unemployed philosophy major by trade.

You could do that but the obvious thing is just to see if you can find
a replacement slider.