Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Garage Door Water Sealing: How

On Mar 17, 11:30*am, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Have a sloping driveway, and, of course, heavy rain water always comes
into the garage.

Was wondering if anyone makes a rubber strip, or something similar, that
can be fastened to the area under the overhead garrage door to keep the
water out ?

My guess is that 1.5" or so in height would be enough to do the job.

The real problem I would think is how to fasten it to the concrete floor
rigidly and securely.

Any thoughts ? *RTV ? *Or,..."

Or might it be a better approach to just fasten as the bottom strip of
the garage door so that when it comes down the rubber strip thereon
would seal well.

Guess the door would need much more downward force than normal to effect
a decent seal. *Thoughts ?

How do yhou folks *handle this ?
Any products you can recommend ?

Thanks,
bob

Try a seal as noted above, but don't be disappointed if it is only
partially successful. Many of us have had the water fighting problem,
and eventually wound up with a diversion scheme to keep it away from
the garage. Solved my problem with a laser level and a shovel.
Thankfully, no concrete involved.

Joe