Posted to alt.home.repair
utilitarian utilitarian is offline

Default Cost to replace part of wood deck ?

Hi,

One side of my deck blew completely off in high winds a few days
ago. It was a privacy screen made of wood. One side of the deck is
now entirely open. I may have a work man rebuild the screen, or just
put in a normal deck railing. How much would they charge to just put
in normal railings on one side of the deck? It needs all the
vertical 2 by 4's , but he may be able to reuse the large planks on
top and bottom, from the old wood that blew off. I am assuming the
wood they need to attach the rail to is still good enough. It does not
look or feel rotted, but it is 24 years old.

The side is 8 feet long. and about 3 feet high. I think the type of
wood is regular generic treated wood used for construction.

Thanks