Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Thanks for Barkeeper's Friend on Rusty Tile suggestion

wrote in news:j730q5pd7jisuadhpki2s9nlq0im588rk2@
4ax.com:

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:40:34 -0700 (PDT), Jo Ann
wrote:

Some time ago, I posted a question about how to get a rust stain out
of white tile (these white tile floors will be the death of me...).
I've forgotten who suggested Barkeeper's Friend, but I wanted to send
a belated THANK YOU! I finally remembered to buy some and then
finally got around to scrubbing the spot, and sure enough, with a
little elbow grease, Barkeeper's Friend is what got the rust spot
out. It's so nice not to have the little irritation of seeing that
rusty spot every time I go into the laundry room.

Thanks!

Jo Ann

Try it on the kitchen sink. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then use
a Dobie (or equivalent) pad. No hard scrubbing.

Why would anyone wase a doobie on a sink?...oh!, errr....dobie:-)