Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default How to make Maple look like Walnut?

On 3/17/2010 11:19 AM, wrote:

Next peeve, someone around here has taken to putting black stain on
knotty pine in cabinets. ?? I have seen this in very expensive
houses, and it absolutely looks like crap.

Swing - is that a trend in new home building cabinets?

SWMBO, who actually enjoys going to open houses, was the first to
mention this to me.

Indeed it seems to be spreading ... just about a year ago, and in many
high end homes, you started seeing cabinets, and furniture, that you
used to be able to buy only in border towns ... you know, knotty pine,
rusty nail joinery, finished in used motor oil du jour.

I was thinking the mexican drug cartels must be spiking these folks
breakfast cereal with angel dust ... go figure?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08