Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Shake, Rattle and Roll

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:07:25 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Mar 17, 12:34*am, "LDosser" wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:40:20 -0500, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

On 3/16/2010 8:07 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Shake, rattle and roll, but no Jolt.

A 4.3 earthquake, whose epicenter was about 5 miles west of me, hit at
04:03AM this morning.

Lasted about 15 seconds and provided a nice vibration to the bed.

Other than that, NBD.

Let's just hope like hell that wasn't a warmup ...

Has anyone else seen the movie "10.5"? *It was about the HelL.A. area,
the San Andreas Fault in particular. *Lotsa fun.

Got it last week on one of those double feature disks at BiMart, but have
not yet watched it. I think the other one on the disc is "Category 7".
Forgot to buy popcorn while I was there ...

My family and I were active participants in the 1963 Skopje
earthquake, We were vacationing in a small town south of Genoa. *I*
was tossed from my bed. Then in '71, I was rollin into LA...

Dad woke me one night to ask if I'd felt the earthquake the week we
were in Puerto Vallarta for a vacation. I hadn't. He also came out of
the house 3 different times when I was mowing the lawn in Vista to ask
the same question. We'd moved out from Arkansas and I wanted to feel
an earthquake but I never seemed to be doing nothing at the time. I
think it was ten years that I was in CA before I felt one, and then it
was a real letdown. A 3.3, close and high, felt no more troublesome or
scary than the old sonic booms I heard in the '60s.

To be honest, I'm now _glad_ that I haven't felt a big'un.

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin