Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Paint can tip

On Mar 16, 8:57*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Whenever I open up a gallon paint can, I take a drywall screw and punch
about a dozen holes in the recess of the lip the lid goes into. *This keeps
the depression from filling with paint, as it will drip through the holes
into the can. *Punch them so they are about 1/8" wide so the paint will flow
freely. *Still a mess any way you go, but a little better that way. *You can
use it on smaller cans as well.

Yer welcome.

Steve

Great Idea.

I've been doing that with a finishing nail for years.

I also make sure I clean the recess, usually with a paper towel before
I put the lid on.

Another tip:

If your wife is anything like mine, buy her a set of brushes and hide
yours.

When I'm done cleaning mine you can eat with them.

A day after she cleans her's, you could hit a home run with one.