Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default I want to kill the weeds in my St. Augustine grass

Ron wrote:
On Mar 15, 9:03 pm, Ron wrote:
On Mar 14, 3:27 pm, "bob callaway" wrote:

What is the process to use to kill the weeds in my st. Augustine grass. I
know it's not a overnight process, but I have to start somewhere?

Scott's Weed and Feed if it's a nice healthy lawn. Unless you have
those weeds that have "spurs". I can't think of the name of them right
now, but there is only one product that will kill them. It's very
expensive and you have to get it from a specialty store. Home Depot or
Lowes doesn't carry it.

Globe sedge is what it's called, and it is very hard to get rid of.
Some lawn services won't even guarantee complete removal.

http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/Weeds/Sedge_Globe.aspx

This sounds as pesky as Johnson Grass, a noxious weed. I purchased a
fairly new home that had this stuff in it. I had to spray Roundup on
3/4 of it two years ago. My lawn looked disastrous all that summer. I
interviewed two lawn pro's and they both told me to do the same thing.
I was ready to rip the lawn out and rock it in as it is a small patch,
in my front yard. This is a five-year process and I need to keep on top
of it. This is my third summer coming up, and I have made quite a bit
of progress. I just need to keep on top of it.

You are not alone with lawn problems.

Good luck, I wish I had the answer for you.